A woman who travelled from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast while the Victorian capital was in lockdown has tested positive for COVID-19, Queensland’s Health Minister Yvette D’Ath has confirmed.
Ms D’Ath said a 44-year-old woman left Victoria on June 1, travelled through New South Wales and crossed the Queensland border on June 5.
Victoria’s lockdown had already started by the time the woman left Melbourne.
The woman is staying with her husband and other family members in Caloundra and was tested yesterday, with a positive result confirmed today, Ms D’Ath said.
She is currently being interviewed and Queensland Health has released an initial list of exposure sites.
Urgent contact tracing is underway.
Testing clinics on the Sunshine Coast will be open for extended hours and Ms D’Ath has urged people to get tested.
“We do have a number of sites already in areas like Goondiwindi and Toowoomba,” she said.
“If you have been to one of the exposure sites, whether you have symptoms or not, we would like you to come forward and get tested.”
The woman had crossed the border into Queensland at Goondiwindi.
Subscribe: http://ab.co/1svxLVE Read more here: https://ab.co/2RFUUxU
ABC News provides around the clock coverage of news events as they break in Australia and abroad, including the latest coronavirus pandemic updates. It’s news when you want it, from Australia’s most trusted news organisation.
For more from ABC News, click here: https://ab.co/2kxYCZY
Watch more ABC News content ad-free on iview: https://ab.co/2OB7Mk1
Go deeper on our ABC News In-depth channel: https://ab.co/2lNeBn2
Like ABC News on Facebook: http://facebook.com/abcnews.au
Follow ABC News on Instagram: http://instagram.com/abcnews_au
Follow ABC News on Twitter: http://twitter.com/abcnews